Punkbuster Busted - Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (COD4:MW)

I wanted to test the reliability of Punkbuster (which was to detect potential cheaters) in COD4 and this is what I get.






A rather funny thing though, as I was expected to be greeted with "Inappropriate Software detected" or "violation detected", but instead the game continued on, even after map change, punkbuster did not seem to detect anything suspicious.

The hacks I'm using here are the custom texture hack and the decafcoffee's dll that is injected by using Sinject. Initially, I used the texture hack due to it's undetectability, but after awhile, i wanted to up the ante because some admin banned me permanently for being funny, so i changed my cd key and ip and went back to the server. The weird thing is, PB has had detected and banned people who was using decafcoffee's hack.

The server is an official server (202.71.97.81:28960, BolehVPN HC TDM server), and has PB enabled.

I think it's due me using windows 7, and the security mechanism of the OS has somehow disabled the ability of PB to spy on my processes and files, plus the incompatibility of the 64bit.

So hack as you wish as long as you are using Windows 7.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

techteendaily One Line Description Avatar Logo a one place stopshop for some of your tech needs. Though this blog is not updated frequently, but it's information are still meant to be usable and feasible. As the blogger is a lazy person, and also there are no audience at the moment, so maintainence is kept to the lowest priority. If you want this blog to come alive, PLEASE TELL ME and POST COMMENTS to let me know that you care.