Trance Never Gets Boring - I mean it

Still remember about a year ago, i was being introduced to trance (In Search of Sunrise Asia 7 was the first album I heard). And from that time, i'm addicted to it big time.

It was quite an unexpected transition of my music taste.

When I was young, I wasn't actually interested in music. Let alone trance, which is still a genre that not everyone can enjoy and understand.

It was standard 4, i remembered because it was 2004, that my parents bought me the first CD dedicated for me, it was the techno house 2004 or something, and you've guessed it wrong, it wasn't pirated.

Back then, i don't know who the hell is Tiesto, or Markus Schulz, or any DJ that existed, although Tiesto was pretty popular. At first i gave cold shoulders to the disc because like i told you, Trance was a reaaallly odd thing to me, the looping tunes, abstract beats, made my head spin. But still, I tried to like it, though i have a few favourite tracks, like the old-time Traffic by Tiesto, and the Able to Love by Benny Benassi (i dunno the names of the songs at that time actually).

That was long long time ago. I'm lazy to elaborate the whole thing. So I'm not going talk about the insignificant past.

Trance Rocks. It puts you in a surreal mode. You are drifting away. You suddenly found yourself in sync with the music. And progressively, you are in The Trance. A State of trance 08 can't really do that, i don't really like Armin actually, except for some of the tracks like the Cygnes, Strangers We've Become, which has other DJs collaborated with Armin. ISOS7 can have that effect, in fact, ISOS7 is the one that gave me the first impression of trance.

Moonbeam. I love moonbeam. He rocks! totally! his minimalist plus techno characteristic of his tracks totally suductive. His beats. Like the Lacula, or the When Flowers Talk, my favourites. I have the whole album of his mixes, 41 of it, downloaded from iTunes, plus some from podcast extracts like the club life, totally wicked.

Beltek, Andy Duguid, and Laurent Wolf are not bad too.

If you want to have a taste of trance, try listening to some of my playlists. It may not be the best, but at least its all the best from imeem. You can't simply youtube or google trance, you need to know what you're looking for, then only you will get the best out of all the mess (Some people can't distinguish the meaning Trance and the other cheap rojak club tracks like Rage and stuff).

You can try to buy other CD titles, but the good ones are very very rare, only the established artists have their CDs on the shelves (and personally i hate them). Ministry of Sound is quite good, try getting the ones from Zouk, they have good DJs with real skills.


My imeem page trance playlist, have a TRY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

techteendaily One Line Description Avatar Logo a one place stopshop for some of your tech needs. Though this blog is not updated frequently, but it's information are still meant to be usable and feasible. As the blogger is a lazy person, and also there are no audience at the moment, so maintainence is kept to the lowest priority. If you want this blog to come alive, PLEASE TELL ME and POST COMMENTS to let me know that you care.